I thought I’d share today’s quick lunchtime salad invention, which I really enjoyed eating👌. And also because I don’t see too often salads prepared with ingredients such as fennel and beetroot.
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 2 boiled eggs, chopped
- Half fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2- 3 cooked beetroots, peeled and sliced
- Handful of olives (I used green olives because they are the ones I found in the fridge today)
- A small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- A squeeze of lemon
- A dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A sprinkle of mixed seeds
Dress the salad with lemon and olive oil, mix all the ingredients together, then add the seeds.
What I particularly like about this dish is the crunchiness of the fennel that works very well combined with the moist and juiciness of the beetroots, with the eggs and the oily dressing binding all the ingredients together…yummy!